At Shelter Island House our most important consideration is the health and well-being of our community, guests and employees. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we continue to update our policies and procedures with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We have taken every step possible to ensure your safety, from check-in to check-out, including the addition of rigorous cleaning protocols, increasing the frequency of cleaning, and placing hand sanitizing stations throughout the property.
Steps we’ve taken in response to COVID-19 include:
- Self Check In. An arrival package inclusive of your guestroom key/code, a letter from the General Manager, complimentary refreshments and specific details on how COVID-19 has changed some amenities the hotel regularly offers.
- Hand sanitizing stations and masks will be available. Social distancing signs will be posted throughout the property for everyone’s safety.
- Complementary masks are available however, it is strongly recommended you bring your own.
- After your room is completely cleaned and sanitized for your arrival. Please let our front desk know if you do NOT want further housekeeping conducted throughout your stay. Some guests prefer that no one enter their room once they have checked in.
- Face coverings and social distancing will apply in all common areas at all times.
- The Osprey Bar & Grill at the Shelter Island House Will Not be reopening to its full operating capacity this season due to social distancing concerns. The bar will open mid-afternoon until mid-evening for service. We have partnered with a Chef designed food truck that will offer many of summer’s most delicious menu items. The truck will serve lunch and dinner.
- We are happy to assist you in securing reservations at many of the local restaurants prior to your arrival. – An eye-opener grab-n-go breakfast has been designed for our guest’s safety and enjoyment.
- Due to COVID-19 all specials & packages regularly offered by Shelter Island House have been discontinued until further notice.
- The pool area is open for only our hotel guests to enjoy. Outside guests will not be permitted to use the pool. Social distancing limitations and a maximum capacity of guests within the pool area will apply. The beautiful beaches of Shelter Island are also a wonderful option to visit with less restrictions.
- Non-essential amenities have been discontinued until further notice including but not limited to bicycles, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, hairdryers, in-room coffee machines, irons, and ironing boards. This recommendation is strongly encouraged by the center for disease control (CDC) and Board of Health (BOH). We very much apologize for the inconvenience. Please remember to bring these essentials from home.